Sinusitis is the inflammation of the paranasal sinuses due to infection. The paranasal sinuses are the hollow air spaces in the human skull surrounding the nose. They include frontal sinuses over the eyes, maxillary sinuses inside each cheek bone, and ethmoid sinuses just behind the bridge of the nose and sphenoid sinuses behind the ethmoid sinus in the upper region of the nose.
When there is swelling in the nose such as following an infection or an allergic reaction, the opening of the sinus may get blocked as a result air along with other secretions is trapped within the sinus this subsequently leads to a pressure on the sinus walls causing the intense pain of the sinus attack, also applying pressure on the affected side the patient feels pain. Moreover as the mucus secretions cannot drain away bacteria multiply in them causing infection and fever. One may also have cough and running nose. The opening of the sinuses can be blocked due to other causes like a nasal polyp or a deviated nasal septum.
The common symptoms of sinusitis are
- Bad breathe and loss of smell.
- Cough, which usually gets worse in the night.
- Fatigue and a general off feeling.
- Nasal congestion with a sense of dull and constant pressure near the sinuses.
- Facial pain.
- Mild fever.
Sinusitis in children:-
The following symptoms can be seen in children with sinusitis:
- Common cold like symptoms that seem to be improving and then worsen again.
- High fever.
- Dark nasal discharges that can be seen for at least 3 days.
- A nasal discharge present for more than 10 days.
Chronic sinusitis differs from other forms of sinusitis with the following symptoms:
- Ear pain and infection.
- Dull ache in the upper jaw and teeth.
- Significantly more fatigue as compared to acute sinusitis.
There is no curative medicine in conventional system of medicine. Usually it is treated with nasal decongestant, Pain killers and Antibiotics.
In sever case endoscopic surgery is done. However it may not prevent reoccurrence as underlying tendency is not addressed by these methods.
Role of Homeopathy:-
- Homeopathic medicines can cure it by directly acting on the lining of the affected sinus.
- Homeopathy for sinus treats abdominal functioning and improving the health of large bowel and Liver specially.
- Homeopathic medicine used for sinus treatment will desensitize people for various allergens.
- Here at The Homeopath we emphasize on role of Nutrition on Health. We discuss food in detail and emphasize on appropriate supplements.
- Role of Mental and Emotional stress. To address these issues we counsel and employ Homeopathic remedies to treat them.
- Some people suffer from this chronic problem because of excessive consumption of stimulants like Alcohol, Tobacco, and Tea etc. We help these individual by detoxifying there body using low potency Homeopathy sinus treatment and motivate them to reduce / completely stop such unhealthy practices.