Is Regular Digestion Problems are Serious?
November 22, 2017
November 22, 2017
What is Digestion Problem?
Are you facing problems like constipation, diarrhea, Crohn’s disease, vomiting, heart burn, headache and also Gastric problems, it may be due to digestion problems. Now a day’s most of the people are facing these digestion problems and let us know about digestive system and digestion problems.
Any abnormalities in the functioning of digestive system like digestion or absorption of nutrients are treated as digestion problems. Our digestive system helps our body to absorb nutrients like proteins, vitamins and fats from the food we eat. Digestive system is a set of organs like digestive tract (gastrointestinal tract), liver, pancreas and gallbladder. Our digestive system breaks down the food into smaller components, until the nutrients are absorbed by our body. Our body uses these nutrients as energy to perform bodily functions. The gastrointestinal tract consists of several organs like mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine and large intestine. Along with absorbing essential nutrients our digestive system also helps to get rid of unwanted substances through rectum and anus.
These digestion problems can be very discomforting and affect our daily activities. If neglected or left untreated these digestion problems may lead to several chronic problems.
Types of Digestion Problems
Here are few common digestion problems most of the people face
- Constipation– it is a condition where people face difficulties to empty bowels, it may occur when colon can’t pass the stools through digestive tract. It is the most common digestive problem most of the individuals face. Constipation in longer run leads to several complications like piles. Factors like lack of fibre, dehydration and lack of exercises can lead to constipation.
- Diarrhea– in this condition people faces watery or loose bowel movements. This can be due to infection in the gastrointestinal tract due to bacteria, virus and parasites. Diarrhea can lead to constipation due to loss of fluids from the body.
- GERD– GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) is one of the common digestion problems, it is caused when acids in the stomach backs up into esophagus. It leads to heartburn, bad breadth, nausea and also abdomen pain. People suffering with GERD face symptoms like sore throat, dry cough, chest pain, problems with swallowing and so on.
- Food intolerance– when digestive system can’t tolerate few food items, it leads to food tolerance. Where in people face problems like abdominal cramps, headache, gas, vomiting, diarrhea and so on. One can easily get through this by avoiding certain foods which triggers the symptoms of food tolerance.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)– when people face long term inflammation of digestive tract, it is called as inflammatory bowel disease. Crohn’s disease (CD) and ulcerative colitis (UC) are two basic types of inflammatory bowel disease. People with IBD face symptoms like abdominal pain, fatigue, loss of appetite and also incomplete bowel movements. It is important to consult your doctor to prevent damage to digestive tract.
- Gallstones– it is a condition where people face small pebbles or hard deposits in the gallbladder which are formed due to cholesterol and bile salts. People experience abdominal pain when these gallstones block the bile duct. In few people these gallstones may be very painful and need to undergo invasive procedures to remove the gallbladder.
- Peptic ulcers– in this condition people experience severe pain in the upper digestive tract due to the sores in the lining of the stomach. If neglected, these ulcers may lead to internal haemorrhage and also may damage and develop hole in the small intestine and further leads to severe infections.
- Diverticulitis– it is a condition which arises due to inflammation of small pouches in the wall of the colon present in the large intestine. People with diverticulitis experience few symptoms like fever and abdominal pain.
Causes of Digestion Problems
Digestive problems can be caused due to several factors like
- Aging i.e. as people age their secretion of saliva decreases and causes digestive problems.
- Stress (i.e. physical, mental and also emotional stress) can lead to digestion problems.
- Unhealthy diet i.e. intake of processed foods, junk foods and refined carbohydrates lead to indigestion and also causes digestion problems.
- Lack of fiber also leads to digestion problems as fiber is very important for digestion
- Food allergies
- Eating the foods without chewing properly can also lead to digestion problems.
- Excess intake of caffeine products, smoking and also excess consumption of alcohol also leads to digestion problems.
- Viral and bacterial infections
- Auto immune disorders
- Few antibiotics also lead to digestion problems by killing useful bacteria in our stomach.
Regular Digestion Problems lead to?
If digestion problems are neglected or left untreated they may lead to several chronic health illnesses. It is very important to improve our digestive health in order to be health and avoid further complications like
- Rectal haemorrhage
- Severe abdominal pains
- Loss of appetite
- Internal haemorrhage
Digestion problems also affects individuals overall wellbeing by disturbing their daily activities. Though the digestion problem are mild, if left untreated can lead to several chronic problems. These digestion problems can be prevented by following few health tips and life style changes like opting healthy diet, practicing regular physical activities and also by avoiding processed and unhealthy diet. People should also avoid intake of allergic foods, caffeine products, smoking and drinking.
Homeopathy treatment for digestion problems works very effectively. Homeopathy not just focuses on treating the symptoms of digestion problems but aims to treat the problems by treating the root cause of the problem. Homeocare international provides superior homeopathy treatment in Hyderabad and treats digestion problems like GERD, IBD, ulcers and so on. Homeopathy treatment is prescribed based on the symptoms, family history and theory of individualization. Homeopathy treatment not just focus on treating the digestion problems but also aims at overall wellbeing by improving immunity and self healing process of the body. Homeopathy treatment is safe and non toxic as it uses natural remedies extracted from plants, vegetables and other natural minerals.