Eczema: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
July 19, 2018
July 19, 2018
If you are noticing symptoms like red, dry and cracked skin along with itchiness and inflammation then it can be due to a skin disorder called Eczema. It is an inflammatory skin disorder caused due to genetics, environmental factors, allergies and bacteria and is mostly seen in infants. Though it is not contagious if left untreated can raise your risk of several complications like asthma, hay fever, skin infections, sleeplessness and so on. One can get relief from eczema and its symptoms using homeopathy treatment. Homeopathy does a great job in providing long-term relief from eczema. Let us in detail discuss eczema, its types, symptoms, and treatment.
Eczema is a chronic condition were in people develop tiny blisters and red dry scaly patches on different areas of skin like face, arms, knees, feet, back and others. Irrespective of the area affected, eczema is often very itchy and in severe cases, people also face crusting and hemorrhage. What exactly leads to eczema is still not clear and many people believe that factors like genetics, family history, environmental factors, abnormal skin barriers, immune system disorders and so on cause it. Usage of chemical soaps, detergents, allergies, sweating, and stress can also trigger the condition of eczema.
Types of Eczema
There are 8 different types of eczema namely:
- Atopic eczema
- Contact eczema/ contact dermatitis
- Seborrheic eczema/ seborrheic dermatitis
- Nummular or discoid eczema
- Dyshidrotic eczema
- Stasis dermatitis
- Eczema herpeticum
Different types of eczema have different types of symptoms and triggers. Knowing which type of eczema you have is very crucial.
Facts on Eczema
- Eczema which is also referred as dermatitis varies from each individual depending on their age and type of eczema they have.
- Eczema is not contagious, it does not spread from one person to another through contact.
- Eczema is mainly seen in children and most of them outgrow it quickly. In few cases, the condition may reoccur in later stages.
- Eczema makes individuals more prone to allergies
- Individuals can control eczema to the certain extent by keeping their skin healthy, hygienic and moist.
- Factors like dust, pollen, and certain foods can trigger the symptoms of eczema.
- Weather changes also have the direct effect on eczema. Eczema symptoms worsen with changes in seasons like summer (due to excess sweating, hot temperatures, usage of sun creams and so on also aggravates eczema) and winter (due to cold breezed, your skin becomes dry and triggers eczema).
Waning symptoms of eczema
Signs and symptoms of eczema always differ from each individual based on age, type of eczema and severity. Here are few typical eczema symptoms are seen in most of the people with eczema
- Severe itchiness near an affected area
- Tiny red blisters or red, dry scaly patches
Many people believe that eczema cannot be cured. But it is wrong in case of homeopathy. Homeopathy treatment eradicates eczema problems in long run. Homeopathy treatment for eczema is mainly prescribed based on the symptoms, type of eczema and so on. Eczema treatment in homeopathy not just controls symptoms but also eliminates the risk of progression and reoccurrence by focusing on the root cause of the problem, whereas other conventional treatments only focus on providing relief from symptoms. Homeocare International with decades rich experience in treating several chronic disorders treats eczema successfully and helps individuals lead a happy life.